Monday, September 11, 2017

August 31, 2017
Dear Families:

What an amazing first day!!  The children followed directions very well today!

We were able to get our first page in our journal written/drawn on today and they colored their cover!

Just before lunch we were able to identify and tag 2 of our butterflies.  They were both female.  Ask your child how to tell if it’s a boy or girl!  (Males have 2 black spots on their back wings!)  They also learned that the migration tag goes on the mitten shape!  We also talked about the word ‘migration’!  I went around with one of the butterflies and let each child be ‘tickled’ by the butterfly’s feet—some said no!  We will try again with the next butterfly!  One butterfly even flew around in the room!  Brought MANY giggles!!!



Thank you for getting the paper work and supplies in so quickly!  There are a few with papers out!  I will get reminders out! 

THURSDAY we are all wearing our Kindergarten shirts (the gray ones you got at Kindergarten round up last spring!  If you were NOT here for that, will you drop me a message or note so I can get your child a shirt for Thursday?!
I forgot to ask yesterday if there are families where Mom and Dad aren’t in the same house and I need to copy a newsletter for each house!  Please let me know!


Thank you also for getting notes if there are bus changes!  It’s the scariest part of my day until the routine is down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment