Wednesday, September 9, 2015


YEA!  What a fantastic first day!  They did a great job!  So many rules and routines to learn!  We will keep practicing them every day!
I learned all their names over night!  WHEW!!!!  SO glad to have those pictures last night!!!
Please turn in any papers that were on the right side of the folder I gave you as soon as you can!  Especially the tan one (parent/student survey). 
Please send in 3-4 small books from home to go in their book box for a few weeks!  Make sure their name is inside!
I tried to get through all backpacks, if I overlooked something, please send it again tomorrow!  Today went FAST!  I will send home a note tomorrow if I still need anything from you!  Thanks for being so awesome about getting things in to school!! 
Everyone should have a folder that goes from home to school, one folder that stays here and a 1” 3-ring binder for their scrapbook.
Please send a set of extra clothes in a zip lock bag.
If you are dropping off in the morning, please remember that drop off time is 7:45 and if you are here before 8 they put their folder in their mailbox, backpack in their locker and head outside for recess. 
Friday is our gingerbread day—have your child wear their kindergarten t-shirt they got at orientation in the spring!
I forgot to tell you all yesterday that I hope you are comfortable enough to address me as Melissa!  The kids have to call me Ms. Thompson, but I’m good with first name basis with you!  Some kids have known me as Melissa and I’ll work through that with them!  When I taught preschool, I went by my first name with the kids too, but now that I’m in kindergarten the school asked me to use the formal…Ms. Thompson!
Thanks for sharing your kiddo with me this year!  It’s going to be an amazing year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment